Saturday 8 September 2012

My Terrible Toiles - Butterick 6582

My first blog post - yikes!!!! (well almost - I've already posted my vintage patterns - see the page button at the top).  This should be something monumental - after all this is quite a moment! Then again, we don't want it all to go downhill.  So, I guess I should post the very current reason for my blog title.  Meet Alma my dummy, proudly wearing half a dress toile....


You see, I'm just too mean to cut out the whole skirt - fabric costs money!!  So I only did the bits that really need fitting.  Proving that as usual I need to drop the waist by and inch and a half.  I'm making the ever popular Butterick 6582 (View C with the wide skirt) and I found some fabulous brocade type weave - soft but with some body - and some very sweet polycotton for the facings.


 Nice eh?!  Tomorrow I need a quick trip to find some satin bias to finish the facings - meanwhile I'll be mostly tackling the darts and picking out tacks with a pin!

Progress report and finished frock soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment